Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Queen and Prince U Wedding


Another awesome idea that I found, was the Wedding of the Letter Q and the Letter U. Thanks a lot  to Mrs. Lasater's Kindergarten Blog  for sharing the idea. As soon as I found about this activity,  I went straight to talk to my principal to explain her about it.. It was so hilarious at first, because I said:  "I wanted to celebrate a wedding", and she suddenly interrupted me: A what! ...Let me explain"  I said.  At the end, she loved the idea. It was the first time in my school that there was a wedding celebration in kindergarten. They were used to see the wedding celebrations of the Parenting Class that is offered in high school.
The Flower Girl, the Bridesmaid, the Bride, the Groom, the Groomsmen
the Queen of the Alphabet

I kept reading other blogs for ideas, checked videos and started planning. Since I had two groups of kindergarten I decided that I needed a wedding coordinator ( a volunteer mom). OMG, this was the best idea! She took care of the decorations, the cake, the "champagne" (sparkling apple juice), the souvenirs (chocolate kisses), even the cleaning after the wedding. Thanks to the volunteer moms that helped her too.  
We had a beautiful "make believe cake" for the picture moment.  
Wedding Souvenirs were chocolate Kisses



I was the Queen of the Alphabet, I  used a traditional dress of the 19 century that I had and added a few ribbons with die cut foamy letters. I wore a crown, and used a scepter.

"As to all wedding ceremonies you must bring a gift to the newly weds", I explained to the kids. " I don't have any money", replied one. The gift consisted of a piece of quilt ( made out of poster board with a picture or drawing that represented either the letter Q or the letter U.


At the beginning of the ceremony all the students entered the room singing the ABC song because each one represented a letter of the alphabet ( I made them a letter headband for each one)  Then the Mendelssohn  Wedding March for the Wedding Processional. I began the ceremony, we made the toss with sparkling apple juice, took photos,  had cupcakes. We dance the Hokey Pokey and the chicken dance. We had a great time! 

I'm positive that my students and their parents will never forget  that when a word starts with the letter Q an U will always accompany her, but that  Q needs to understand that U can start a word because it wants to be with other letters too, not necessarily with Q.  


wedding invitation













No comments:

Post a Comment