Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pilot Art Integration Project

The main language in Puerto Rico is Spanish but all students learn English since the very early years. This past year my principal authorized that I began a pilot project with Kindergartners. It consisted of integrating visual arts to my class. The first step was to add ten minutes to the class ( 40 minutes in total) that way I could have enough time.There was an empty classroom in the preschool area, and I requested it, honestly I didn't think the administration will approve it; but Do you know what? They did!  I was so exited! I had  my very own classroom. The next step was planning accordingly.  My feelings were mixed, on one side I was very happy but in another hand I had to fulfill all the expectations. I love art, drawing, painting, dancing, and all that. I consider myself very creative but I had never teach art as part of my class. So I continue reading here and there, and found a few art teacher blogs that make my life so simple. I'll be mentioning them as I post and present my students work. I have to say that overall it was a great experience, the kids and their parents love it so much that the project will continue for the next school year! Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment