Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Still Flowers

One of my favorite artist is Vincent Van Gogh. For my  Kindergarten Art Integration Project, my kindergartners students learned about him. It was great because they felt like artists, with their aprons and their brushes. They let their creativity flow. I think that's so important because through the arts we can help with their self-esteem. I'm not an Art teacher, but I love the arts. I don't have a formal art education but I love to draw, paint, cut, paste, and create. What I'm certain of, is my desire to transmit t my  love for the arts to all of them.




During the Letter Vv  week. We talked about Vincent Van Gogh and his Sunflowers. We drew and colored these beautiful still flowers. I found some instructions on  Art Projects for Kids  and  I tweak them a little bit for my kindergartners.


This is what we did:  First, my students drew a line for the table. For the vase, I gave them a pattern that they traced. Then, they added the curved middle line for dimension, and signed their name, in the style of Van Gogh.  They drew flowers and added leaves. Finally, the kids used tempera paint for painting. 


Special Thanks to Kathy Barbro.  You can find  Kathy's instructions on her blog, Art Projects for Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment